- 2 garlic heads, separated into cloves and peeled
- 225ml (8fl oz) (1 cup) cream
- 150g (5oz) (1 cup) panko or toasted plain breadcrumbs
- 50g (2oz) ( ½ cup), grated, Kerrygold Dubliner®
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 50g (2 oz) (4 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 24 open cup or large button mushrooms, stems removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rocket salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Place the garlic and cream in a small heavy-based pan over a very low heat and simmer gently for about 45 minutes until the garlic is completely tender and the cream has reduced and thickened. Stir occasionally to make sure the bottom of the pan doesn’t catch and burn. Tedious but it’s worth the effort.
- Remove the garlic and cream mixture from the heat and mash to a rough purée with a fork. Season to taste and leave to cool, then stir in the panko or breadcrumbs and fold in the cheese and thyme.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and use to brush all over the mushrooms, except the gills, as the filling will cover that. Arrange the mushrooms on a non-stick baking sheet, top-side down and fill the centres with spoonfuls of the garlic cream and cheese mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through and the topping is golden brown.
- To serve, transfer the garlic stuffed mushrooms with cheese to warmed plates and arrange a little rocket salad to the side of each one.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chilli Butter Poached Prawns
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Easy Roast Lamb
This recipe by Paul Flynn is an adaptation of a classic French recipe. The lamb...
PRAWNS AND LINGUINE
Starring in our Memories in the Making TV advert, this simple easy dish is one t...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...