- ½ small bulb fennel with leafy tops
- ¼ stale ciabatta loaf, crust removed
- 1 handful pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- 1 handful fresh chives & parsley, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50g (2 oz) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 8 slices pancetta or dry-cured smoked bacon rashers
- 4 fresh mackerels, gutted, scaled and filleted
- 4 rosemary twigs
- First remove the leafy tops and stalk from the fennel. Halve the fennel bulb and chop finely.
- Whiz up the ciabatta into coarse breadcrumbs in a food processor and put the crumbs into a bowl with the fennel, pine nuts, walnuts, chives & parsley. Season well and mix in the melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/ Gas Mark 7. On a clean board, lay out the pancetta. Place a mackerel skin side down at right angles to the pancetta. Stuff the mackerel pouch with some of the breadcrumb mix and then wrap the pancetta around the fish and hold it in place with a rosemary twig. Repeat this process with the remaining fish and place them in an ovenproof dish. Roast the fish at the top of the preheated oven for 10 -15 minutes or until the fish has started to crisp.
- Serve with a rocket salad & a juicy wedge of lemon.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
BAKED PEARS with Pecans & Maple Syrup
This dessert is just perfect for a cold Autumn day. Can be served with warm cust...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Mussels and tomato stew
Wash the mussels. Discard any damaged and open mussels....
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...